Theatre: Mogadishu, Somalia
Date: Year 1, Week 3, Day 1
1. PRIMARY: Engage in diplomacy with Impisi, a local warlord, to release capture Italian intelligence assets. COMPLETED.
1. Negotiations will occur at his palace. He is initially hostile towards letting them go.
2. Impisi is patient, but ultimately untrustworthy.
3. He wishes to destroy his rival warlord and take his territory.
4. He will have a change of heart once the captives are released. Also, he had only pretended to kill the hostages and intended to sell them to the highest bidder.
5. He possesses capable counter-intelligence assets of his own.
6. Li, Greyson Brandt, Kirk, and Johanson are on this mission.
7. Li was dropped in secretly and charged with starting a gang war. Brandt and Kirk went in for negotiations. If negotiations fail, then they planned to use a night raid to extract the hostages.
8. Hostages are held in plain sight in a central courtyard, seemingly executed.
9. Saved all of the hostages, although two were gravely wounded from XCOM friendly fire.
10. XCOM went back to exact bloody revenge but discovered the hostages were still alive, Impisi was slain by his own tigers.
11. Greyson Brandt, Li, Kirk, and Johansson were in the mission.